About Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari
The Sustainable Districts Platform (or Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari / “LTKL”) is a membership-based coalition with Kabupaten, represented by Bupati, as its members. LTKL intends to connect the dots and create impactful partnership towards sustainable jurisdiction focusing on land-use, within and between Kabupaten through innovative convening method. A ‘Sustainable Jurisdiction’ will balance environment, social and economy aspects within its policy, planning and programs with concrete goals to (i) increase GDP of districts, (ii) alleviate poverty and (iii) moving towards zero deforestation and peat. LTKL is supported by a Partners Network which provide strategic support (in-kind and resources) and guidance to Lingkar Temu Kabupaten Lestari through its national and direct district’s engagement. At this moment, LTKL has 12 districts as the members and 14 organization as the members. LTKL is also supported by a Secretariat team responsible to facilitate, monitor and report on LTKL strategic activities through an integrated platform. It will also be in-charge to conduct strategic research and analysis on building blocks for sustainable land-use.
One of the expected functions of LTKL is to be able to reach the regional competitiveness and facilitate for the easy access of sustainable investments in the districts in collaboration with the multi-stakeholders in districts and national level. To date, LTKL Secretariat have attempted to create a shared, safe and innovative solution-oriented circle of discussion among its members and partners to objectively analyse progress, opportunities and challenges in implementing sustainable vision through district leadership. It also aims to enhance interconnection between the group. For this purpose, LTKL Secretariat has constructed LTKL Communication and Outreach Strategy for the period of 2018-2030 with specific activities outlined for the period of 2019-2020, taking into account LTKL 2030 long term development target.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Under the broad guidance of the Executive Director and close supervision of the Communication Manager, the Communication Officer primary responsible implementing communication strategies and tactics to promote LTKL missions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide key support to develop and execute communication annual plan to ensure the narration of sustainable landscape, jurisdictional approach and collective impact are communicated across stakeholders and wider audience.
2. Support the work of the Executive, Communication and Program Team in producing high quality, informative, and interactive communication tools to increase public awareness.
3. Media relations
- Producing communication products for the media such as articles, press release, to ensure the narrations are accurate, effective, engaging and relevant to various type of audience.
- Contribute in organizing project site visits, facilitate data request, photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both web-based and traditional media as appropriate, monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials.
- Conduct press conference and briefings hosted or attended by LTKL Secretariat and LTKL district members to ensure the key messages align with LTKL main messages.
- Maintain good relations with national and local media.
- Coordinate with Knowledge Management Unit to contribute in maintaining a library of media coverage, clippings, photo/ video within LTKL project.
4. Digital Communications
- Oversee the social media management with third parties to ensure the materials are accurate, effective, engaging and relatable to various type of target audience.
- Contribute in producing stories that potential to be displayed on LTKL website and/or social media.
5. Provide key support to assess and develop any relevant capacity building programs to enhance the strategic communication and public relation skills of relevant district agencies’ staff in developing high quality communication material to promote their sustainable development agenda, programs and achievements.
6. Support in the implementation of LTKL strategic events which include:
- Festival Kabupaten Lestari
- General Assembly meeting
- Regular LTKL Partnership Networking meeting.
- Apkasi Otonomi Expo
- A mid-year thematic event.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in communication or other relevant studies with minimum two years of relevant experiences in journalism/media relations/public relations.
- Experiences in supporting on program with the existing communication strategy.
- Experiences in deliveries of good quality publication materials.
- Experiences in supporting the publication and relation with media partners and journalist.
- Willing to learn on sustainable development context and the districts’ needs.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality outputs on time.
- Excellent communication skills in Bahasa Indonesia and English as well as well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good team player.
TERM OF OFFER:
1. Contract Period
Communication Officer is expected to start immediately. Contract duration covers the period of January 2022 - December 2022. Extendable based on performance evaluation and program needs.
Communication Officer will report on a daily basis to the Communication Manager.
3. Duty Station
Communication Officer will be stationed in Jakarta, with travels necessary based on the needs to the relevant districts.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send the applications for the position before 31 December 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Communication Officer”, which must include (i) a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations, (ii) a detailed curriculum vitae, and (iii) portfolio of publication materials produced (e.g: newsletter, article, videos, etc).
1 year (3 months probation)
Full Time Staff